Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 5.12.0 BETA released

Hello,

Yes, that's correct behaviour. It is the effect of AmiBroker making smart
decissions to avoid duplicate tests.

Non-exhaustive optimizers pick "random" parameter
sets.  It happens, that two different iterations pick actually the SAME parameter set.

Normally, this would result in running the SAME backtest twice (or more)
and returning the same duplicate results.

To prevent running backtests with same parameter set when using non-exhaustive
optimizations, new AmiBroker version is able to detect duplicates and
if duplicate is detected - the test is NOT run (to save time). Instead previously
obtained result (stored internally) is returned for given parameter set.

This greatly speeds up the execution (by factor of 2 or more).

But now, if you specifically WANT duplicates, you can simply set
DuplicateCheck to FALSE in OptimizeParams structure.

struct OptimizeParams
{
...snip
   BOOL   DuplicateCheck;      // boolean flag 1 - means that AmiBroker will first
                         // check if same param set wasn't used already
                        // and if duplicate is found it won't run backtest, instead will return previously stored value
....snip
};

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko