[amibroker] Re: Momentus Maximus..

More often than not semantics and personal perspective are involved
somewhere in the discussions e.g.

I call the 3ducks timeframe stacking and work in reverse i.e. from
the bottom up - which came first the chicken or the egg? -  and I
don't consider it a momentum play but as you say "a flower by any
other name just as sweet would smell" - Shakespeare?.

You did a better job of explaining it than they did although I think
you are really talking about trend trading since:

momentum has rate (distance per time),
trend has direction.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rakesh Sahgal" <rakeshsahgal@xxx>
wrote:

> Semantics - thats what you are talking about. Consider this for a
moment [a]
> You have a directional bias in one time frame [b] To profit from
that you
> drop down one time frame [c] You enter a trade when a pre-defined
trigger is
> pulled e.g. a pivot low/high taken out in the direction of the
larger
> trend(trend in the next higher time frame). So the *"momentum"* in
the time
> frame you are trading is bringing you profit and the trade decision
is based
> on the trend in the next higher time frame. We chose to apply it
any label
> that we feel comfortable with.
>
> Best Regards

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:53 AM, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:
>
> > > http://captaincurrency.blogspot.com/2007/01/3-ducks-trading-
> > >system.html ).
> >
> > I don't regard the 3ducks system, as 'explained' at this site, as
an
> > example of momentum trading.
> >
> > It is merely a teaser for both timeframe trading and trend trading
> > but neither subjects have been well treated in this article.
> >
> > Timeframes, trends and momentum are separate, but inter-related
parts
> > of 'holistic' trading.
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rakesh Sahgal" <rakeshsahgal@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi D
> > >
> > > There is one thing you can look at - a momentum based system
which
> > has a
> > > simple multiple time frame approach as it's basis. There was a
link
> > posted
> > > here about a person who had developed such an approach in the
forex
> > side of
> > > the market (
> > > http://captaincurrency.blogspot.com/2007/01/3-ducks-trading-
> > system.html<http://captaincurrency.blogspot.com/2007/01/3-ducks-
trading-system.html>). I
> > > use something similar. With appropriate money management
safeguards
> > I have
> > > found it to work, to the limited extent I have used it.

> > some
> > style
> > you're

DEVLOG: