Re: [amibroker] Re: Multi Core Optimization, L2 Cache & Optimization Run Times

For my information Fred, please mention one those things having such a influence on overhead that I cannot use it as a constant in a 'Rule of thumb' ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:49 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Multi Core Optimization, L2 Cache & Optimization Run Times

Overhead is not a constant ... It is a function of a variety of
things not all of which am I even aware of and some of which can be
fairly significant ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@...> wrote:

> Of course not. You'll always keep the overhead as a constant. But
as a rule of thumb it works fine for me in situations where time is
the bottleneck ...

> Regards, Ton.

Optimization Run Times

> The relationship isn't quite that clear .
>

> I'm still playing with this feature for IO but if you are using
AB's exhaustive search for a variety of things and have a multiple
CPU / Core machine try MCO on some of your optimization problems .