From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Krishfield
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:44 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: AB compatibility with FT conversion

Question on FastTrack Database(s) After conversion.

After FastTrack splits the database into separate databases for funds, ETFs and Indexes, w
ill the FastTrack.dll create separate databases in AmiBroker? Or can we keep funds, ETFs,
and Indexes in a single AB database? For example, if I want to compare a fund to an
index, will the AFL change from what I currently do?

Bob Krishfield

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> AmiBroker does NOT use FTF15.DAT file directly (or any .DAT file
> from FT database).
>
> It accesses FT database via FASTTRACK.DLL (part of FT API) (located
> in Windows directory) only.
>
> As long as changes are compatible with FASTTRACK.DLL AmiBroker
> should be able to access new databases without problems.
>
> To get the details about compatibility of FASTTRACK.DLL (part of Fast Track
> for the Web) with changes mentioned you would need to ask Brian.
>
> As to your wife - please buy her flowers and say that I am sorry and I admit that I am
guilty
> for not making AB less addictive :-)
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko