[amibroker] Re: Trading International Portfolios

Herman (re your post below),

WOW!

Well, I went too far with my personal biases - of course we will
never trade the same way.

Yes to all of that except:

>6) Don't like product research

there is some research we have to do (I don't like it either).

>I give myself 100 days

I am satisfied to 'get' exactly what I plan for (intend!) - I am not
so cheeky as to specify when and how it arrives.

Good luck.

"Pillars of salt".

brian_z

Well Brian, there is some parallelism here but only in the final
decision to focus more on trading. I have not given much thought to
my personal assets, emotional needs, or those of the World :-) Taking
the risk of boring people here is my personal approach to trading. I,

1) Only trade extremely simple trading rules.

2) Trade any stock, wherever I may find it (Explorations), that gives
good profits and that can be traded with minimal effort.

3) Do not use Stops/Money Management until the system is proven, i.e.
the system must be profitable without those frills.

4) Always start small. imo, If the system works with a few shares it
will work with more shares.

5) Trade frequently; at least once a day/stock. In my experience this
increases profits and reduces DDs.

6) Don't like product/market research. Trading 100% exposure
reversals systems it makes no difference to me whether the market
goes Up or Down;

7) Find manual trading extremely boring and try to automate all
trading (not always easy).

8) Love searching and coding wild trading ideas, I look at price
only.

9) I must always find some time to play (code) new ideas.

Don't ask me why I want to focus more on trading; I just suddenly got
the urge. I think it may be because I came close to coding-burnout in
trying to automate a complex trading procedure. In terms of skills, I
think I reached my match. So, I'll trade the system manually, if it
works I'll pay someone with the required expertise to code the
difficult parts.

I give myself 100 days (the look back period of my current system) to
determine whether trading is worth the effort for me.

best regards,

herman