[amibroker] Re: Trading International Portfolios

brian_z

I'm not sure about any tips but I can say....

I have been using IB for a couple of months for US and ASX share. (
EOD Trading)
The platform is good with access to a huge range of trading
instruments ... brokerage is also very competitive.

The account application forms are quite lengthy and there was a lot
of US jargon that I was not familiar with (as I live in OZ ).
I also had to go to the bank and wire funds for initial funding of
the account ( was costly)  although I now believe this can be done
via EFT to IB's local Sydney bank A/C.
( yet to confirm that!)

Their helpdesk for OZ is out of Hong Kong and there are some accent
difficulties discussing matters.

However "all in all" the experience so far has been good and the
cheaper brokerage alone made it worth the effort.

Happy to discuss further if you wish.

Shaun