[amibroker] Re: OT: Charting For Dummies

> I am only guessing but I would say it is the Appendix: Resources
> Section that has been customised for the little possums down under.
> It does have Australian Edition splashed across the cover though.

A quick cross check, via Amazon's "search inside", indicates that
Charting For Dummies (Aus Edition) is based on "Technical Analysis
For Dummies" by Barbara Rockefeller (strange name that - the Oz one -
I went to look at the computing books and thought I was picking up a
book on computer charting, as in Excel etc).

There are differences that go beyond the resources section, but I
can't quantify them - some AmiBroker charts have been added.

All in all an enjoyable read, for trading obsessives, and a recap of
basic TA - definitely not a reference book or an AmiBroker book.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> My copy has ISBN 978 0 731 40710 1
>
> Pleased to hear you have a copy Tomasz - one for your family album
> (something to show the grandkids one day) - well done -
> congratulations.
>

> Howard,
>
> Also pleased to hear the Aussies are 'up there'. We like to 'give
it
> a good go' and we are now working on a plan to beat the American
> AllStars at basketball - it's a long term plan.
>

> (I had better mention the Kiwi's are pretty good too or else they
> will declare war and invade us).
>
> I am only guessing but I would say it is the Appendix: Resources
> Section that has been customised for the little possums down under.
> It does have Australian Edition splashed across the cover though.
>
> There is no Amazon.Aus
>
> It is a pretty amazing business achievement that they have managed
> turn us into international clients - I buy quite a few books from
the
> US site - pay an arm and a leg for postage and it is delivered from
> all over - sometimes Germany(?)
> Not very parochial but I figure since they have made it possible
for
> me to ' read inside' and scan the content of trading books, that I
> can't look at in my local store, they deserve the business (the
> savings I make by minimizing disappointing purchases outweighs the
> extra costs).
>

> Cheers,
>
> brian_z
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > It is "CHARTING for Dummies" Australian Edition ISBN 0-7314-0710-
5.
> > I have received a copy from published and on page 359 it says:
> >
> > "The most flexible and easy to use software is AmiBroker (...)
its
> programming
> > language is flexible enough to allow you to program anything you
> dream up.
> > Backtesting is a breeze and it has portfolio management
> capabilities. (...)
> > Best of all, though, is the price - it's by far the best value
for
> your dollar"
> >
> > Two of Australian co-authors are AmiBroker users.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

Rockefeller
> (Wiley
> >     Publishing Australia) and noticed that AmiBroker is the No1
> recommended
> >     software in the resources section (refer to the Appendix).
> >
> >     It is the Aus version of the US Dummies book - adapted for
Aus