[amibroker] Yahoo Industry Symbols

Breaking away from the Jim Swindle US Database thread slightly ....

Yahoo has 215 Industry symbols in which I have created an excel
spreadsheet with the following columns:
Sector, Industry, Name, and Symbol
for example
Basic Materials, Agricultural Chemicals, Agricultural Chemicals, ^YHOh702

(Industry and Name are always the same)

Before anyone gets excited you need to know that I am not impressed
with the quality of this data.  First off these symbols have no
history and are therefore available only on the "current" servers.  I
am missing a few days because I waited too long before updating my
database.  Second, there is no volume associated with each industry.
Third, there continues to be large spikes in the data (either out of
place high or low).  Fourth, unlike TC2005 which offered a symbol for
the Sector (with volume) Yahoo offers no such symbol.

But the biggest kicker of them all is that Yahoo has reassigned all of
them.  My list is totally wrong.  I have no clue what happened.  For
example when you click on this link: http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/836.html
It brings you to Diversified Electronics Industry.

That "836" use to be the Department Stores Industry.

I know I did not make any errors as I have reviewed all of my
documents, notes, email threads with a few friends and every shred of
evidence points that those symbols (^YH0h836 Diversified Electronics
was Department Stores) have changed.

For me I am not going to worry about using the Yahoo Industry symbols.

I am no expert in programming nor how to query the Yahoo Profile page
which will provide the Sector and Industry that a stock is assigned to
as in: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=belfb

Having a program that will tell me what symbols have been added and
which symbols are no longer available is of use to me.

Regards,
MM