[amibroker] Trading International Portfolios

Hello,

I want to start trading international portfolios using IB/TWS and could use some practical advice from those who have experience in this area.

1) What are the pitfalls and drawbacks of trading a portfolio consisting of 3-5 markets (ASX,SGX,US,CA,EUR,... )?

2) How to set up the account(s) with IB, for example can foreign stocks be traded with US funds (auto conversion)?

3) Is there a problem with the different market time-zones? For example, for a foreign stock, would MOO and MOC be automatically adjust to the foreign market's open/closing time?

If anyone is inclined to give an overview of what is involved this would be much appreciated. I know I can do all the research myself but there is nothing better than to hear it from someone who is actually doing this. Save me a ton of time too ;-)

TIA,

Herman