Re: [amibroker] Functions and general code efficiency

Hi,

Functions will not give you a speed advantage as there is some
overhead to call them.  However, the overhead is very very small if
the functions are properly written, so it can be all but ignored.  I
would generally not put a trivial function call in the heart of a
tight loop through all bars.

The real value of functions is that they can be used like "extensions"
to AFL language which makes your AFL smaller and easier to reuse.  The
other advantage is that they can make your AFL easier to debug and
understand because it is more modular.

BR,
Dennis