[amibroker] Importing and Appending a Field onto existing symbols

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Importing and Appending a Field onto existing symbols
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:32:16 -0400

By using FastTrack data, I have never really had a need to learn to use the Import Wizard, but now having worked with the ASCII Importer and the Wizard for awhile, I can not find a way to do what I need to do.

I have an Excel spreadsheet which has a "Score" value in a column for a list of symbols, and which has a different Excel sheet for each date.  I believe I can write a macro to turn the data into a sheet for each symbol, having the score value according to date order.

My question, which a brief test failed to answer, is how do I "append or insert the "score" value into the empty Volume or OI fields.  I was able to import the values but the Importer created new symbols with just the "score" field, while I want to insert the value into the Volume field.    In the past I have saved all sorts of calculated values via ATC in the empty Volume field, but here I just want to import a value, by date by symbol, and insert into the Vol (or AI) field.

Can it be done?  How do I go about it?

Thanks for any help.

Ken