From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Brown
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 7:42 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] GraphZOrder of Gfx drawings?

Hello,

I just realized that the default plot Z order is opposite
that of the
Gfx drawing functions.

This really messes up my draggable drawn button arrays I
just finished
coding after several days.

Of course I want the first button drawn to be on top so that
I can
have modular button code to receive mouse clicks from the
top drawn
buttons and not pass the mouse clicks to a hidden overlapped
button
underneath.  This is important, especially when the button
is the
handle to drag the whole array around the chart and it
becomes hidden
by a now nonfunctional button on top.

Is there a way to make the Gfx functions follow the
GraphZOrder rules
of the other plot functions?

Otherwise the only way I know is to split all the button
click
processing and drawing apart and mirror image them across
the
Formula.  This is a pain and turns my nice modular code into

duplicated spaghetti code.

The lack of Z control on plots (or specified plot layers)
has already
cost me many dozens of hours of extra AFL code and
architecting around
this issue during the last year.  This has been on the
requested list
in one form or another by different users for just about
forever.  I
hope it makes its way into a release in the not to distant
future.

Best regards,
Dennis