[amibroker] Re: RC1 telling me my reg has expired

I will add my voice to this... I am relatively new to AmiBroker having
spent a lot of time looking at OpenQuant, NinjaTrader etc...

I think AmiBroker is nothing short of phenominal value.

Tomasz and Marcin do a fabulous job of supporting a very good product.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko \(groups\)"
<groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you to everyone who expressed support to AB in this thread.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

new here, but so far I found what I was looking for with AB and I
think the price is relatively affordable and the community is great,
and I appreciate what Tomasz is doing with the program.   I am 100%
satisfied.  This may not be a great argument in this discussion, but
this is my best one.  AB rocks!

>   Louis
>

>   2008/5/29 brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx>:
>
>     To be fair:
>
>     People have forgotten the point that you maintain bug free backward
>     compatibility going back a long way and you don't force people to
>     upgrade.
>
>     They have also forgotten the main point that for all of us AB is an
>     educational, hobby business, business or employment cost and
compared
>     to other costs in those categories AB is peanuts (trading has the
>     lowest overheads of any legal business that I know off).
>
>     I agree you do spoil us.
>
>     I don't know of any other product that I have purchased where I can
>     give the CEO an opinion, let alone try to demand that a certain
>     feature be designed into the next model (all or most succesful
>     businesses do carry out market research, using focus groups, but
none
>     that I know of do it across the board, day in, day out, the way
that
>     you do).
>
>     brian_z
>
>     --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko \(groups\)"
>

>     <groups@> wrote:
>     >
>     > Major upgrade is the upgrade that adds major number of new
features.
>     > Each our 0.01 beta is more "MAJOR" than major releases of other
>     T/A softwares.
>     >
>     > Therefore it is more than justified to call 0.1, MAJOR upgrade
>     especially considering the fact
>     > that AB version number consists of THREE parts:
>     > X.WY.Z
>     >
>     > Where
>     > X is incremented just when W generates carry over (9->0)
>     > W increases with major release that is cumulative version of TEN
>     previous
>     > (beta) versions each containing a couple of NEW features
>     > Y increases with each BETA that contains NEW FEATURES
>     > Z increases with versions that contain only hot-fixes and
bug-fixes
>     >
>     >
>     > You are just spoiled receiving FREE upgrades for FOUR years, even
>     though
>     > I originally promised that 5x0.10 major release cycle will span
>     only one year.
>     > It was my goodwill to add MORE new features in each and every
+0.10
>     increment.
>     >
>     > If I was doing business "IT industry standard way" I would add
ONE
>     new feature
>     > per 0.10 upgrade. Instead you got a couple of new features every
>     0.01 BETA.
>     >
>     > So our 0.10 is SUPER MAJOR release as compared to "IT standard".
>     >
>     > Now $99 is a fee for 12 month period if there are more 3 or more
>     than 3 0.1 releases
>     > during 12 month period. Other companies would charge you more
than
>     that
>     > for EACH upgrade.
>     >
>     > Frankly speaking I would love to purchase the software that uses
>     > the same upgrade policy as AmiBroker, but I don't find any (among
>     ones
>     > I am interested in). Everyone charges for each and every upgrade
>     and the sums
>     > are much larger than that.
>     >
>     > Best regards,
>     > Tomasz Janeczko
>     > amibroker.com

Law of
>     > > Diminishing Returns, where the outlay goes up
disproportionately
>     > > the amount of new features that I actually need or would use.
>     > >
>     > > I'm still very happy with my v5.09 beta - it does everything I
>     use it
>     > > for without a hitch. So I'll simply keep on using it.
>     > >
>     > > The version numbering is something that I find a little
>     confusing -
>     > > I've been involved in computers for over 35 years, and MAJOR
>     upgrades
>     > > usually involve an increment in the number to the left of the
>     decimal
>     > > point. Minor upgrades increase the number to the right of the
>     decimal
>     > > point. That has been the de facto standard for version numbering
>     > > throughout the IT industry as I've known it since the
mid-1970s.
>     > > Hence my somewhat befuddled surprise that 5.10 was considered a
>     MAJOR
>     > > upgrade. I'd have called it version 6 if that was the case.
>     Version
>     > > 5.10 would normally be seen as an UPDATE rather than an
UPGRADE -
>     if
>     > > you see what I mean.
>     > >
>     > > Gee - I really hate to be picky - it's not usually like me at
>     all ;)
>     > >
>     > > Hope that has cleared up my statement about paying $99 per
year -
>     > > referring to the future from now on, rather than the past until
>     now.
>     > >
>     > > Regards, Pete, Brisbane, Australia.
>     > > ====================================
>     > >
>     > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@> wrote:
>     > >>
>     > >> Not trying to beat you up about your decision but I seriously
>     doubt
>     > > you've
>     > >> been having to pay for upgrades every 12 months. You might
want
>     > > revisit
>     > >> that.
>     > >>
>     > >> d
>     > >>
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>     > >
>     > > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>     > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>     > >
>     > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: