[amibroker] Re: RC1 telling me my reg has expired

Hi Tomasz - I hadn't spotted that.  I'd presumed that as I was
registered up to version 5, and all the subsequent betas still showed
me as registered, that 5.1 would also be registered, as it is not a
major version upgrade (i.e. not version 6)

There seems to be nothing much extra in 5.10 compared to the last
beta, so I might just continue using that.

I must admit that I do think $99 for an extra year of upgrades is a
bit much, even though AmiBroker is great value for money.  But that
value would soon get whittled away if I were to pay $99 for every 12
months of upgrades, most of which does stuff that I don't need anyway.
 I already paid for the Pro version back in 2004 and subsequent
version upgrades.  I don't think I need to spend any more to get Ami
to do the same thing it's always done for me.

So, I appreciate all the hard work you put into Ami, but I might stick
at my last beta for now - it works just fine.  Just a bit disappointed
that being registered up to version 5 doesn't include 5.1...

http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2008/05/27/amibroker-510-release-candidate-1-rc1/

> UPGRADE POLICY AND PRICING
>
>   1.. The upgrade is FREE for all users who registered AmiBroker
after July 18, 2004
>   2.. The users who purchased AmiBroker before July 18, 2004 would
need to buy upgrade if they want to use this newest version ($99 -
Standard Edition, $139 - Professional). If you don't want to pay - you
may continue using previous version(s) infinitely.
>   3.. To find out when you have purchased AmiBroker and how long
your free upgrade period is, use "Account Information" page in the
members area at: http://www.amibroker.com/members/info.php
page at: http://www.amibroker.com/order.php