[amibroker] Re: How to attach a file in Wordpress

Paul started the thread so I think you are addressing him?

You posted two answers, in this topic yourself.

I gave up 2 hours of my time to help someone who wants to post a DLL
which is directly related to AB use and is 100% for the benefit of AB
users so I think you are being a bit harsh in the interpretation of
the guidelines.

I certainly have no intention of apologizing for giving up my time to
help others or for the content or location of my answers.

Other forums are for people who elect to go there.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Thanks, but this discussion is off topic.
>
> I belive that Wordpress, TinyMCE, WindowsLiveWriter and UKB belongs
here:
> The AmiBroker-UKB group was setup in May 2007 specifically to
discuss any UKB stuff.

> This is main AmiBroker group and topics are AmiBroker usage +
trading.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

HTML
> > syntax called "smart content").
> >
> > If I modify my local attached file, on my desktop, and repost
from
> > WLW, and force the issue, it will automatically rename the file
by
> > appending 1, 2 etc to the filename as it is loaded to the UKB
server -
> > it is a very easy method for users but you will end up with a lot
of
> > file versions on your server (if there are lots of users) - the
> > positive is that the user can roll back to previous file versions
if
> > they want to (I guess they would have to liase with you about how
> > do that).
> >

> > Paul - I'm not 100% sure of the implications but:
> >
> > - useing WLW/Scotts file attachment plugin
> > -  the link in the WLW post will point to your local address and
> > changed OR renamed versions will be uploaded if you want to do
that
> > (good for users - not so good for servers?)
> > - for example, after posting don't save a draft and reopen your
post
> > from the recently posted list then 'right click' on the
attachment
> > link (show properties opens a properties sidebar - click
on 'change
> > files' and the input dialog box will reopen and you can see the
> > address to the file is a your local address).
> > - if you want to force a new file version onto the server click
on
> > insert in that box (if not click on cancel) it will adopt the old
> > link/linktitle unless you tell it otherwise
> > - it is worth changing WLW to HTML view to see the code that is
being
> > used and changed as the file attachments change (the server
address
> > is there after downloading your post from the server).
> >
> > - I haven't checked what happens when you move your local file OR
> > figured how to turn this 'feature' off.
> >
> > 2 - WLW to WORDPRESS
> >
> > I learnt a lot about publishing basics from the UKB.
> >
> > Since then I have read a bit further and I can tell you that for
lay
> > publishers WindowsLiveWriter is hard to beat e.g. Joomla uses
TinyMCE
> > as the default editor and users have to go out of their way if
they
> > want to change that.
> >
> > Also the desktop -> website combo is very good (as always it gets
> > around the clunkiness of websites).
> >
> > So, for straight out blog publishing it is 4/5 stars.
> >
> > No matter where people publish keeping abreast of software
updates
> > and customising the site are always ongoing issues.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> It uploads OK, even if the message says otherwise.
> >> All  uploaded files are available in appropriate folder:
> >> http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko
> >> amibroker.com