Re: [amibroker] OT: computer meltdown?

Hi Richard,

Thanks to Herman, Dingo and you for the tips.  I guess I'll get to
work.

Most likely a drive I think.  I replaced the power supply about 4
months ago -- with a high quality one, supposedly.  CPU fan is
working for sure, board seems to be running 2-4 degrees C hot, but
CPU temp is holding at normal for ambient.

I went in there and blew everything out thoroughly with HFC152a, but
that does not seem to get temps back to normal.  Generally, I'm a
good housekeeper.  (^_-)

This board (Asus P4PE) seems to always have had some problems with
four devices (two primary and two secondary).  I have given up (and I
know how to jumper and setup for sure) running three IDE drives (plus
a DVD), because I always got disk errors.  They disappeared when I
finally gave up and stopped trying to use a drive on the secondary
master (secondary slave works just fine, don't ask me why, but it
seems the board does not like two secondary devices).  Primary master
is the system drive, primary slave is the DVD.  I also tried moving
the DVD to both secondary positions (using three drives as well), but
the board/system was not happy with any of those combinations either.
So I'm running primary master drive, primary slave DVD, secondary
master vacant, secondary slave drive.  Been working fine like that
for a long time ...  until today.  Primary master is 5 years old
however, Seagate, maybe time to collect its pension.

I have a SCSI subsystem as well with two drives.

I did get a 1GB dump from the evening reboot, but I find them
basically unfathomable.  ^_^

Thanks again,

Yuki