Re: [amibroker] Re: System tweak

It is possible to use zigzag in a backtest. the important thing is
that the signals can only occur after the price has passed the
reversal level
eg here is a way to use it

p = Peak(C,10);
pb = PeakBars(C,10);
t = Trough(C,10);
tb = TroughBars(C,10);

cp = Cross(p*0.9,LowestSince( pb==0, C ));
ct = Cross(HighestSince( tb==0, C ), t*1.1);

Fall = Flip(Cp,Ct);
Rise = Flip(Ct,Cp);

Buy = Cross(MACD(),Signal()) AND rise;
Sell = Cross(Signal(),MACD());

SetChartOptions( 0, chartShowDates|chartWrapTitle );
GraphXSpace=10;
_N(Title = "{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} "+_DEFAULT_NAME()+" :
{{OHLCX}} {{VALUES}}" );

BarColor = IIf( rise, colorPaleGreen, IIf( fall, colorOrange,
ParamColor( "Price Colour", colorWhite )));

Plot( C, "", BarColor, ParamStyle( "Price Style", styleBar, maskPrice ) );

Plot( Zig(C,10), "Zig", colorRed, styleLine );
Plot( IIf(pb<tb,Peak(C,10)*0.9,Trough(C,10)*1.1), "Zig",
IIf(pb<tb,colorOrange,colorPaleGreen), styleStaircase );

PlotShapes( shapeSmallUpTriangle*Ct, colorPaleGreen, 0, L, -12 );
PlotShapes( shapeSmallDownTriangle*Cp, colorOrange, 0, H, -12 );

PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Buy, colorGreen, 0, L, -24 );
PlotShapes( shapeDownArrow*Sell, colorRed, 0, H, -24 );

--
Cheers
Graham Kav