Re: [amibroker] Can someone fix this OLE code?

Yes, thanks Tomasz. I had the feeling that only the second example was in JScript because it tells me that in the header. But of course I should have known better when looking to the first lines in example 1. Sorry ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Can someone fix this OLE code?

If you think that removing random parts from the script written in different language in order to "compile" makes it correct, then you are wrong.

I repeat: the example 1 from http://www.amibroker.com/guide/objects.html is a JSCRIPT code.
It is JScript. Not AFL. The examples are written in JScript because they are intended to be run as external script (in Windows Scripting Host).
You can not take JScript code copy it to AFL editor and expect it to work. It is different language.

Although it may "look" as AFL it is not AFL. How to distinguish that? Easy: new ActiveXObject statement (first line)
is a JScript-only construct. That tells you that it is JScript (as all examples given in this doc by the way).

JScript allows setting COM properties with parameters like this:
AA.Filter( 0, "market" ) = 0; // assigning value to COM OBJECT parametrized property here

If you remove the assignment from such statement, the statement will compile but its meaning is completely CHANGED.
Without assignment the statement actually does NOTHING (it reads the property value and does not make any use of it).

AFL does not allow setting COM parametrized properties, AFL only allows setting parameter-less COM properties, that's why you are getting syntax errors.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com