[amibroker] Re: Basic programming error

Thanks for the answer Bill.

PriceChange should return 0.02 actually quite often (about 12% of the
time).

I have just seen that when I imported my historical data into excel,
the PriceChange value was giving me strange results, e.g.
-0.010000000000005. Now in AFL, I rounded the PriceChange array to 3
decimal places and it works.

I don't think I'll ever figure out why the array was returning these
strange values in both AFL and Excel. In my historical data all Close
prices are give with two decimal places!

Very strange (and very time consuming trying to figure out the error!)

Thanks again.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx> wrote:

> You will only get a response for pricechangetwo when pricechange is
exactly equal to .02.  How often does that happen?  Maybe never.  You
can use a range of values such as pricechangetwo = pricechange >= .02.

> Bill

5/6/2008 5:17 PM