[amibroker] Re: Copying/Limiting Database history

> Fred and I and probably
> others clone symbols to a specified date minus 252 bars to allow
long
> lookback functions to stabilize.  This data truncation has a
>PROFOUND
> impact on execution times.

Can anybody please explain why this speeds up execution.

I thought AB default was to load a 'few' more bars than required by
AFL, so if the formula filters by datenum OR range OR barindex etc
why is that slower than using 'Pad and Align' with a 'shortened'
symbol.

Doesn't AFL only load and process from the filtered date on?
If not, what does it do?

What does a 'Pad and Align',with a 100 bar reference, do differently
to a barindex filter of 100 days, as far as loading and processing
time goes?

I would appreciate it if anyone can clear this up for me.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bruce1r" <brucer@xxx> wrote:

> Herman -
>
> First, I agree, the new status functions look wonderful and will
allow
> some interesting app's.
>
> In reference to your note about cloning data,  I've tried lobbying
TJ