Re: [amibroker] Re: ZeroLag TEMA

Bill,

I don't generally trade off any straight MA.  I use them in ways that
add more lead into them.  This would increase the noise, so having a
smooth MA to start with gives me more useable gain in compensators.
But like I said, I prefer to use adaptive moving averages for my work
as the starting point.  Removing lag is something I play with a lot.
I also use a lot of statistical based functions.  There are uses for
all of them.  But the greatest use is in learning what these functions
are indirectly telling you about the data --which has all the direct
information available with very little lag.  Too deep a subject for a
simple post.... :-)

BR,
Dennis