[amibroker] Re: ZeroLag TEMA

>>You need to set the period to about half of what you would for a
simple MA.<<

That implies the lag is about twice what a sma is.

>>You need to adjust the period so that the lag is the same, then
compare the filter smoothness of the results (on real stock data).<<

I'm not sure how you are measuring smoothness, I suppose it means the
slowness with which the curve reacts to changes in prices. A period of
about 3 times the MA(TEMA) period has the hullma and lrc very close in
shape and lag to the MA(TEMA).

I have not found ma's to be very useful because they lag prices by too
much, to some extent it depends on what you are using the ma for.
Using them for a trailing stop is OK because you are taking advantage
of the lagging property. The same goes for dynamic S/R; however, I
prefer to use statistical measures.

Bill