RE: [amibroker] Copying registry keys across computers

Your X is actually 2 characters - the 0A is a line feed char and the 00 is a null.

FYI.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Dugas
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 10:05 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Copying registry keys across computers

Sure, glad to. I just figured that if changing the registry changed the labels, then the labels must be defined somewhere in the registry. So on the *source* computer, in RegEdit, I chose a label name and searched for "Interpretation". I found it and could see where it was originally defined. All other labels were also defined in the same section, panes 1 thru 10. Then I went to the same registry section on the destination computer and used Edit > Mofify to define them the same way.

But of course it is never that simple, so here is the "tricky" part...   When you find the original definition, it will look like this

InterpretationXInterpretation

where I am using "X" in place of what looks like a square box in RegEdit. I could not figure out what character or keystroke the box represented, but by looking in RegEdit's binary editor I could see that it's binary code was "0A 00". So I typed in the name as shown above using X as a placeholder and then opened the binary editor and changed the binary code for the X to "0A 00". When I OK'd out of the binary editor, the X turned into a box character just like the original. Seems like to worked fine - good luck!

Steve