[amibroker] Re: backtest daily entry signals with intraday stop-loss orders

Ciao Angelo,

thanks for your reply.

> So I'd take the chance to ask more knowledgeable people: is the
> priority order of the stop you referred above applied just by the
> APPLYSTOP command (to which is directed your link)?

I'm not that expert about AB but it seems like that priority order
applies to APPLYSTOP only as per the user's guide

> Should that be the case, you could try to code your several stops
> within a loop (there are some examples in the tutorial and in the
> kwowledge base).

That's what I must do...but it's much more complex than switching
on/off some properties.

> In general, Amibroker doesn't deal in the Tradestation way's  with
> orders on the same bar (that's a nuisance for me too, having used TS
> for quite a lot), so - when it is possible - I'd better avoid to
have
> two orders on the same bars.
>

> PS Anyway, the "look inside the bar" of TS2000i requires to have an
> intraday database from which to build daily bars (without intraday,
> how could be possible to look inside a bar of greater time frame?),
so
> it really comes back to use multiple time frames in AB.

That's correct...but again the code becomes much more complex

Thanks,

PC

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Angelo" <ima_cons@xxx> wrote:

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paolo Cavatore" <pcavatore@>
wrote:

> > Has anyone of you ever come across the problem of properly
backtesting
> > stop-loss orders at intraday level in order to get the correct
High-Low