From: brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:24:28 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: thanx sanjay!!

Hello Sanjay,

Thankyou for your honest answer.

It is not a big secret that people in India are making their own
solutions.

Everyone understands that AB is an international software and that
the ave income varies from country to country and that a lot of
people want to learn to trade but can't afford American prices for
software and data (the US is still the 2nd highest income per person
in the world isn't it?).

Also I have noticed that the Indian community is hardworking and
believes in self-help and helping each other so I guessed that you
have home grown solutions in place.

Of course if people are cashing in on 'hacked' versions of AQ, or
whatever. then they won't be keen for Tomasz to offer an official
version.

That is why I called on you all to discuss it in the open, so that
Tomasz has all of the information and can make decisions based on
that.

Tomasz can't be everywhere so we are his eyes and ears.
It is not to say he will do anything but at least we can give him an
accurate briefing.

In the past he has said that he is not keen on RT data that doesn't
have backfill because the strength of AB is fast backtesting of large
numbers of symbols but India is a special case and he might
reconsider.

Also we have to remember that he is not going to develop AQ any
further if no one is going to buy it (I don't think he wants to work
for nothing).Re Yahoo RT India

> Ya true but Unless yahoo doesn't give seconds in date/time then
>even
> Tomasz cant do it unles he takes the out of the way solution which
> here many have started doing it.

That is what I am asking about.

What is the least time interval from Yahoo India?

From your answer it seems that RT YahooIndia is not timestamped less
than one minute - have I understood that correctly.

I understand 'your' homemade method.
In the end you get data with 15sec ticks that is in the correct order
(relative to each other tick) so it is useable.

Re US RT data.

I have tried this in order to help Indian users and also other users
who want cheap RT data and I am giving it some advertising in this
forum.

I am not sure about the Yahoo US RT timestamps but I can see it
updating the data every few secs.

I have received 1 min data >> AB via AmiQuote.

I see that RTQDownloader produces RT Metastock format files from
RTYahooUS so I am going to try to get that data into AB.

AB's Metastock plugin can be configured to 15sec auto refresh so
there is some hope there.

The limit will be the RTQDownloader - it might have a one minute
limit also (OR this could be the timestamp limit for all YahooRT
data).

Anyway, I am doing this because, in my experience Tomasz is busy but
he will give more attention to requests if we do our homework and
give him a well informed suggestion.

> I am opening their cards but see i am helpless due to my nature.

Thankyou.

Well, this is the best of natures, don't be in any doubt about it!

> And yes all have ami at their heart and all have this Tomasz's
> jscript inbuilt in their utils which they sell or lease it for rs
>500
> to 5000 pm .

RS is that Rupees - I see the exchange rate is around 40 Rupees/$USD
so if that is the case there is a market there for Tomasz.

As you have probably noticed I have tried to welcome Indian users to
this list because I have a special affinity with Indian culture and
also because I have tried to open Tomasz's eyes to your market.

>But I dont think anyone would have cared to ask >Tomasz's
> permission neither any one would have thanked him for the script.

That is the nauture of internet culture.

I give away a lot in the AB forums and I know that some people will
use it selfishly but I always act for the good silent majority.

Also I don't worry about people stealing my creative efforts - there
is plenty more where it came from and I am always a few steps ahead.

Thank you once again for your honesty,

A blessing on you and your family.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, "Sanjay Thakkar" <thakkarps@x ..>
wrote:

> [...]
> have seconds so even Tomasz wont be able to do anything unless he
> takes another way which these so called experts have overcome this
> problem this way:
>
> So these experts have made what they say "aglo" in their program in
> such a way that after it gets the data from yahoo they only take
the
> date, close & vol and take the time with seconds from the user's pc
> clock just as we would have used now() function in afl or excel and
> then they use Tomasz's js script which is in the heart of all these
> programs.
> If u happen to get open or peek 4 strings in their exe file u will
> find all have this jscript inbuilt as it is which our Tomasz have
> made it.So some have now started building their utils in c or
dot.net
> so peeking 4 strings becomes difficult.
>
> Now I think that these sware engineers would not like my presence
on
> this yahoo grp.
> I am opening their cards but see i am helpless due to my nature.
> I was the 1st person from India who dared to give bse data some 3/5
> years back when nobody dared to share it with in open due to
> restrictions from Bse as at that time they were selling this eod
data
> file 4 rs 15000/-pa. Imagine this u have to pay Rs 15000/- pa to
> Exchane to get eod data. So u can uderstand why there is a boom for
> rt data
>
> And yes all have ami at their heart and all have this Tomasz's
> jscript inbuilt in their utils which they sell or lease it for rs
500
> to 5000 pm . But I dont think anyone would have cared to ask
Tomasz's
> permission neither any one would have thanked him for the script.
>

> ANway this is Life.
>
> Regards
> -sanjayt
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@ > wrote:
> >
> > Hello Sanjay,
> >
> > RE: Yahoo live data (RT)
> >
> > > People keep 2 database with this util which they update it with
> > >this 'free utility'
> > > and they use it with the amiquote in realtime which hetal has
> > > shown them
> >
> > I understand in India you have access to free Yahoo RT data.
> > For the US we have similar data except that it requires approx
> USD$10
> > month.
> >
> > I have tried the US data, using Hetals (Johnny's method) and it
> > worked fine except that it is limited by AmiQuote.
> >
> > US Yahoo RT is updating, on line every few seconds, but AmiQuote
> only
> > refreshes every 1 minute so this is the limitation.
> >
> > So it looks like we share a common problem with AQ limiting our
> > access to cheap RT data, unless someone can tell us how to do it.
> >
> > Has anyone found a way to get better than 1 minute data, from
Yahoo
> > RT, into AmiBroker?
> >
> > I thought I might try the RT downloader from
> >
> > http://www.trading- tools.com/
> >
> > but it looks as if we can't get that to work either.
> >
> > It would be great if Tomasz could do something to help Indian
> clients
> > access RT Yahoo directly - that should also help other users with
> > getting cheap US RT.
> >
> > I did send a suggestion to AB support, on this issue a while
back,
> so
> > there is always hope.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > brian_z
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, "Sanjay Thakkar" <thakkarps@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Mr H. Patel,
> > > It's my Pleausre.
> > > Thanks 4 the compliments.
> > > Regarding yahoo data live question . At present i dont have a
> > > solution.
> > > Though it could be made possible by amiquote in future provided
> > yahoo
> > > start giving seconds in the data which is fetched with amiquote
> > and
> > > if yahoo does this than provided if Tomasz obliges us all by
> making
> > > amiquote get that data. But it is all subject to yahoo.
> > >
> > > Anyway till then our JoyDeep Mitra's utility will do the need
> full
> > > for ieod data. and 4 the yahoo live data (RT) which u asked.
> > >
> > > Frankly speaking rt data which we are talking is not rt data .
> Even
> > > the brokers terminal which we are using doesnt give the real
time
> > > data in a real rt sense. These are like snapshots.
> > > I think 4 that there are many infrastructure and other problems
> > also
> > > which is not making it possible.
> > > for e.g A Dsl conecction which we are using is not upto the
> > standard
> > > as it should be.
> > > So we have to accept this as it is and find our way.
> > >
> > > Till then i will suggest to use another free excel util which
can
> > > help u to some extent to get that yahoo live rt data to ami
> > directly
> > > and this also is a wonderful SMALL UTIL which again is free .
The
> > > excel util is developed by Cool Tera of India. This is the name
> > > know . I dont know the author's real name. Though this util is
> also
> > > FREE.
> > > Thanks Cool Tera 4 that.A Great & Simple product and yet free.
> > > The name of this excel file is ToAb.xls
> > > All Instruction are there. in the file.
> > >
> > > People here were searching a solution to link excel to Ami via
> that
> > > dde for them i think this is the best solution.
> > >
> > > http://rapidshare. com/files/ 102037823/ ToAB.rar. html
> > >
> > > Enjoy
> > > -sanjayt
> > > P.s if i am not wrong you are Hareshbhai from Dadar. Is it So?

> > > sometimes giving quick easy methods for Data.

> > No..
> > > Pl note my Mobile No: 9427560572.

> > can
> > data
> > > this
> > has
> copy
> > so
> > And
> have
> Power
> > > >
> http://rapidshare. com/files/ 101709982/ DATA_DOWNLOADER1 .1.rar.html

> confusing,
> > modified
> form
> name
> > in

> > trick
> amibroker
> > or
> > > sure

> > > download

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___