From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:50 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: intraday settings

Hi Joseph,
 Thank you for your suggestions. I trade stocks and was
wondering what
I needed in terms of bars for a stock to provide a
reasonably long
chart. I use Esignal as my data provider at the moment. Any
and all
help is appreciated. Thank you.

Tim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "J. Biran" <jbiran@xxx>
wrote:

> If you mean you use volume bars, you need to setup your
> database to use tick base interval.
> Also, you have to rely on RT data you collect yourself by
> being continuously connected to IB since you cannot use
> backfills (the backfill will destroy the RT data you just
> collected) hence you need to uncheck the Automatic
backfill
> on first data access (in Database settings menu |Configure
> Interactive Broker plugin).
> Lastly if you are trading future contracts that have 3
month
> of lifespan, you need to setup the Number of bars: to
> 1,000,000 (YES) otherwise you will not be able to save the
> whole contract data history.
>
> Joseph Biran

Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly

For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: