Re: [amibroker] Re: Using Jim's tickers... with some cutomization

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the step-by-step procedure.  I did exactly as you recommanded.

I copied the two broker files from the us_stocks folder to a test folder I created.

Then I modified the structure of the xls file: I kept only 4 columns with Market, Sector, Industry and Stock Symbol.

I saved the file as a "format" file in the "formats" folder.

I used the ASCII Wizard to import the file back, but this is where it does not work.  The problem is that in there I can't set the markets, sector, industry, etc.  I have to allocate a value which is "Ticker", "YMD", "MDY", etc.   so I don't know how to do it all at once to put everything at the right place.  I don't see any "sector" or "industry" variable that could be assigned to a column in the ASCII file.

Do you have any idea about what I could have done wrong?

Thanks,

Louis