[amibroker] Re: Sell breaking previous peak

Hi,

Is your Condi1 code correct? Your original note said that you wanted
to compare against 1 peak ago, not 2 peaks ago.

I don't have AmiBroker in front of me, and will not have a chance to
look at this for a few days. But, based on your written description,
you probably want to change your code to:

Condi1=C<Peak(C,3,1); // instead of Condi1=C<Peak(C,3,2);

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Waleed Khalil <waleedkhalil@xxx>
wrote:

> Thanks Mike for your help , i fixed it but still having problems ,
> guess there is a bug or something in the peak command, please check
it
> your self, Condi2 is working perfectly with Trough , it should work
the
> same with Peak but it does not.
>
> z=Zig(C,3);
> Plot(C,"C",1,64);
> Plot(z,"",colorRed,styleThick);
> Condi1=C<Peak(C,3,2);
> Condi2=C<Trough(C,3,1);
> Buy=C>Peak(C,3,1);
> Sell=Condi2 OR Condi1;
> Buy = ExRem( Buy, Sell );
> Sell = ExRem( Sell, Buy );
> PlotShapes( IIf( Buy , shapeUpArrow , shapeNone ),colorGreen );
> PlotShapes( IIf( Sell, shapeUpArrow + shapePositionAbove,
> shapeNone),colorRed );
>
> thanks again
>
> Mike wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can see a couple of problems.
> >
> > 1. You are plotting a ZigZag with a 4% change (second argument to
> > Zig), but setting your conditions based on a a ZigZag with a 1%
> > change (second argument to Peak/Trough).
> >
> > 2. You are passing in the result of the Zig indicator into
> > Peak/Trough which is not correct. Peak/Trough automatically use
Zig
> > upon the array that you pass in. Therefore, you are doing a Zig of
> > Zig!
> >
> > You probably want to change your Peak and Trough function calls to
> > pass the same array as you passed to Zig directly (i.e. Close),
and
> > you probably want to pass the same value that you used when
calling
> > Zig directly (i.e. 4).
> >
> > By default the 3rd argument is already set to 1 which is what you
> > wanted (i.e. 1 peak/trough ago). But, for the purposes of
> > illustration, I'm adding it in.
> >
> > e.g.
> >
> > z=Zig(C,4); // Peaks and troughs after 4% movement.
> > Condi1=C<Peak(C,4,1); // 1 Peak ago based on 4% movement.
> > Condi2=C<Trough(C,4,1); // 1 Trough ago based on 4% movement.
> >
> > Note: I can't actually see your attachments. So, I'm guessing at
the
> > above based on reading your code.
> >
> > Note: Use caution when working with the Zig indicator. It looks
into
> > the future! So, you cannot use it in a real system unless you
delay
> > your Buy/Sell until AFTER the signals could have been detected
> > without seeing the future.
> >
> > See the following for an example of trading VALID signals:
> >
> > http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=353&hilite=ZIG
> > <http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=353&hilite=ZIG>
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%