[amibroker] Re: quote download?

Hello everyone,I'm back.Unfortunately I've not made any progress with
my problem.

First,I followed the instructions from the video that Tomasz left a
link to,but still had no data in Amibroker when finished.

I made sure that the file name in Amiquote matched the name of the
file that was open in Amibroker(MyNewData).It goes through the whole
list,seemingly downloading and importing as it goes,but when it's
done,I click on a symbol on the list in Amibroker and it says not
enough data.However,"MyNewData" in Amiquote has a little over 300
symbols in it,but when I click the ALL tab in the Amibroker
list ,there are only 4 symbols,but even thse aren't getting any
data.Why would there be a different Number of symbols for the same
file?

When I click on HELP,ABOUT,in Amiquote it says "unregistered".Could
this have something to do with it?I know for sure that Amibroker is
registered,I thought that Amiquote would be too.

Also,I have a file in Amiquote which I named "biglist"but I can't
find the file in Amibroker.Do I need to coordinate Amibroker and
Amiquote to have the same file open at the same time when I'm trying
to download data?I have a file called "MyNewData" in both,but I still
can't get any data to it.

Could there be a conflict with my anti virus or Windows security
settings that would prevent me from getting data?I'm using Windows
XP.When Amiquote is doing it's thing,it seems to be working normally
(does the whole completed-imported thing)but I can't get the data
into Amibroker.Tickers that I have added have a blank chart that
says"not enough data",and Djia tickers that came with the program
have a date of 4/10/2006 as the last day of data.(I have Amiquote set
for Yahoo historical,EOD,with a start date in 1998) My feeling is
that I'm downloading ok,it's just ending up somewhere and I can't
find it.If you run a list in Amiquote will the data automatically end
up in the database that is open in Amibroker?

I've had this thing for three days now and I haven't been able to
load a single bit of data.I've been createing files,changing
settings,anything to try to get things going.If I uninstall,re-
install,and re-register would it be easier? That way I could start
off with a blank slate and not have to try to figure out what's being
downloaded and where it's going to ,and if the database I'm trying to
open in Amibroker is the same one I've just updated in Amiquote.Would
this be a good thing to try?

Also I received an email from someone who suggested to not download
more than 6 months at a time from Yahoo.I tried this with the same
results.

You can probably tell I'm a bit frustrated.I apologize for the long
post,I'm just wanting to get things going.It's like having a new car
in the driveway and not being able to drive it.Sorry for being so
clueless,I hope someone can help.Thanks.  -jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Tomasz,
>
> > It is not reflected in the global "From" date (which is in fact
set
> >from first symbol),
>

> So what is the function of the global "From" date now?
>

> brian_z
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> wrote:
> >
> > When using auto-update  tool, AmiQuote asks AmiBroker for last
date
> for each symbol separately.
> > It is not reflected in the global "From" date (which is in fact
set
> from first symbol), but it is handled internally
> > so each symbol downloads from its own "last" date.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

My