[amibroker] Re: Zenfire and Amibroker?

Zenfire is similar to MBTrading; no historical data backfill for
charts.  NinjaTrader addresses this issue by maintaining their own
historical data servers (like TradeStation does).

TransAct's data feed does have historical chart data.  I don't think
they have continuous contracts, just historical data for each futures
contract.

Regards,

David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "scourt2000" <stevehite@xxx> wrote:

> The only other broker I know of that is as open as Interactive
> Brokers is with theirs is MBTrading.  It's a COM interface.
>
> www.mbtrading.com
>
> I don't have an account with them so couldn't tell you about the
> quality of their order fills.  They've had this open API for around
4
> years and there's no political hoops to jump through to get access
> it.
>
> This wouldn't be an all-in-one solution for someone who wants the
> brokerage access and the real-time data w/historical requests for
> their Amibroker chart fills though.  It's just streaming real-time
> data and account transactions through a broker.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dbwyatt_1999" <dbw451@> wrote:
> >

> > I went through the excersise of trying to figure out Zenfire a
few
> weeks
> > ago.  Zenfire is primarily trade execution technology which
includes
> > market data.  Apparently, it's based on Rithmic's trade execution
> > software (www.rithmic.com <http://www.rithmic.com> ) and 7 Ticks
> network
> > (www.7ticks.com <http://www.7ticks.com> ).  Since Rithmic and 7
> Ticks
> > want to remain FCM and IB neutral, they do not advertise
Zenfire.  I
> > think Zenfire is a marketing name that either NinjaTrader or Mirus
> > Futures put on the technology.
> >
> > Mirus Futures is the primary contact for ZenFire
> (www.mirusfutures.com
> > <http://www.mirusfutures.com> ).  They seem to be the broker most
> > influencing Zenfire's functionality.
> >
> > Since we're discussing broker datafeeds, I think a better fit for
> > AmiBroker than ZenFire would be TransAct Future's datafeed
> > (www.transactfutures.com <http://www.transactfutures.com> ).  The
> reason
> > I think it would be a better fit is because TransAct has a
complete
> > order entry platform but lacks charting.  Ensign, Sierra Charts,
and
> > Trade Navigator have already built interfaces with TransAct and
are
> > advertised on TransAct's home page.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David