From: "hoolee0820" <hoolee0820@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:13 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Deleting the first symbol

> Is this a Vista problem? I did turn off UAC though. Viast does have a
> lots of issues not find in XP. My most recent experiece is that I
> can't run Qcharts plugin for more than a week, it just refuses to
> work some morning when you turn the machine on.
>
> Now I have this bad symbol in top of the list that preventing me from
> backfill all symbols in one pass, and I can't delete it because this
> will crash AB.
>
> TJ or anyone who knows a solustion please help.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hoolee0820" <hoolee0820@xxx> wrote:
>>
>> I'm having this little problem, please help me out. (I use AB 5.06,
>> IB plugin and Windows Vista)
>>
>> 1. When a database opened, the first symbole (alphabetically in the
>> list) is always selected, this causes "Backfill All RT window
>> symbols" always starts from this symbol, waisting time when you
> have
>> a good working symbol, when you got bad symbol, you then get
> INVALID
>> symbol error and backfill stops working in that batch mode.
>>
>> 2. More serious problem when you delete this first symbol, AB would
>> crash and Vista reports this:
>>
>>   Problem signature:
>>   Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>>   Application Name: Broker.exe
>>   Application Version: 5.6.0.4850
>>   Application Timestamp: 47d6eeb3
>>   Fault Module Name: Broker.exe
>>   Fault Module Version: 5.6.0.4850
>>   Fault Module Timestamp: 47d6eeb3
>>   Exception Code: c0000005
>>   Exception Offset: 000a7b5c
>>   OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>>   Locale ID: 1033
>>   Additional Information 1: 004f
>>   Additional Information 2: 41b314f14f23f72d76b500a92d50b64f
>>   Additional Information 3: 159c
>>   Additional Information 4: 7f5b8f62cca4656e63a115f45d196723
>>
>> The data for that symbol is erased, but AB still loads up an empty
>> one
>> under the same name next time it opens. And the story goes over
>> again: backfill unwanted data, batch backfill hangs or delete and
>> crash. Deleting any other symbols has no problem.
>>
>> Please, how to delete the first symbol in a databases?
>>

> ------------------------------------

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Investments/Software: Not affiliated with Interactive Brokers Interactiv...

bse-nse2005 (485 common members)
Investments/Online Investing and Trading: We now have our very own website - www.desitraderm...

e-mini_traders_anon (364 common members)
Investments/Daytrading: The spirit of this group is traders helping trader...

quotes-plus (334 common members)
Investments/Software: This group is for Quotes Plus customers. Others ar...