[amibroker] Re: How to download multiple tickers

Louis,
this is a very simple way that might overcome your problem. Jim
Swindle periodically provides the US Stocks database for Amibroker
users.  It contains the symbols for about 8,000 stocks broken down by
market, sector and Industries. His web address for downloading is:
www.icc-az.com/icc%2Daz/default.html?http%3A//www.icc-az.com/icc%252Daz/
and go to the Amibroker link, or look up JSwindle in AB Yahoo Group
(this group). Once you have the template you should be able to
download data from any source. I use a  combination of EODdata.com and
Yahoo they work fine.  On any databse you need to update the database
from any source to correct errors that occur on even the best.

Dick H
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Préfontaine" <rockprog80@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Yes I have DTN real-time.
> I have over 6000 tickers; got the NASDAQ ones thanks to the UKB
files and
> then I looked over the internet to get .csv and .xls files to get
all NYSE,
> TSX, etc.
>
> And now what I want is to be able to get the data to each and every
ticker
> in the list.  So far I was able to do it for letter "A" by clicking
on each
> and every ticker, but it took me like half an hour for that.  I was
looking
> for a faster way.
>
> Also, I think there is a limit of 500 for real-time; is it possible
to get
> more real-time; else, or to actually choose the one that will be
real-time?

> Thank you a lot for your help.  I really appreciated your help files
in the
> UKB as well; it helped me to set the database.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Louis
>
> 2008/3/15, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx>:
> >
> >   Louis,
> >
> > Not sure if I can help but let's sort out your question to give you a
> > better chance of getting an answer.
> >
> > You are subscribed to DTN IQ Real Time ?
> > You have set up a database as per Tomasz's DTN IQ video?
> > You have 6000 tickers in that database (that you imported from
> > somewhere) - where and how?
> >
> > brian_z
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis
> > Préfontaine"
> > <rockprog80@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Brian,
> > >
> > > If I understand what you mean, there is no simple way to get all
> > the data
> > > for the 6000+ tickers in my database, except clicking on each one,
> > one by
> > > one, and waiting for Amibroker to download the data from my
> > provider? That
> > > will take months!
> > >
> > > Anyone has any idea how to make that process faster?
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Louis

> > and

> > or
> > of

> > will
> > another

> > ticker
> > for

<amibroker%40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%

amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<amibroker%40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%