[amibroker] Re: Global Watchlists and ticker trees

Hello Herman,

Haven't tried it but I believe this is the approx method.

Create a new database.
Leave it empty (either no data or you might need a little temporary
data to allow watchlist to addcategory functions to work - overwrite
the temp data later).
Copy/save it.
Use copies as your DB template to start new databases.

I guess you will need one blank Master DB for each time frame you use.

For existing databases.

Have a look at Tomasz's method for merging databases (you will need a
partial version of his method).
Use your blank database (from above) as the master structure to merge
with your existing structure.

(I am not 100 percent sure what Tomasz meant by "copy datafiles" but
I am sure that can be clarified).

The catch is Watchlists.
They are not portable as such.
You would need to re-import them database by database.

In recent AB versions you can slide WL's into the WatchLists folder
in the AB directory (do that when AB is closed then open it and they
will be there).

I have done that and also copy pasted WL folders from one DB to
another. It isn't what Tomasz intended so it has a risk factor (it
might not be such a good idea with valueable exisiting DB's -
sometimes it has unintended consequences (that happened to me once
from many instances) - AB might not like it if your WL contains a
symbol that isn't already in the DB.

Should be fun!

brian_z