[amibroker] Re: (Price * Vol ) as a new indicator?

>From Jeremy,

> I dont know if you are familiar with the VPCI indicator. It was
> created by Buff Dormeier CMT of Wachovia Securities.

I haven't looked at Prakash's code - could be the same, or similar.

Tomasz writes AB code for Stocks and Commodities magazine - for VCPI
that code is at the www.traders.com site (use search) or at
AmiBroker.com (look in the members area).

I mention it because it is a valueable source of code for well known
indicators, adapted for AB by Tomasz.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kethek Ogleng <budheng0402@xxx>
wrote:

> If you meant was Buff Moving Avg, I found the formula at Amibroker
Library, written by Prakash Shenoi. Basically Buff using sum(V*C) as
well, but divided by sum (V) to have smoothen effect. Prakash used 5
and 10 period for fast and slow MA (seems too lag).  I have tried the
code, using 2 and 4 as MA periods. The result was OK, especially for
a long uptrend. Since the code uses "smoother", the signals are not
as instant as without "smoother". Intraday traders probably prefer
Thomasz' version (without smoother).