Re: [amibroker] Re: (Price * Vol ) as a new indicator?

If you meant was Buff Moving Avg, I found the formula at Amibroker Library, written by Prakash Shenoi. Basically Buff using sum(V*C) as well, but divided by sum (V) to have smoothen effect. Prakash used 5 and 10 period for fast and slow MA (seems too lag).  I have tried the code, using 2 and 4 as MA periods. The result was OK, especially for a long uptrend. Since the code uses "smoother", the signals are not as instant as without "smoother". Intraday traders probably prefer Thomasz' version (without smoother).

Regards,

----- Original Message ----
From: brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 9, 2008 10:05:01 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: (Price * Vol ) as a new indicator?

Hello Kethek Ogleng,

> Thanks for the reply. Seems the file was no longer available on
>that site.

Yes, it is there.
I read it.

Go to the homepage and use their search engine "Dormeier" or "VCIP"

I found it using searches like that.

http://www.traders. com

I think it is also at the Ami site members page.

BTW

Thanks for your feedback on Tomasz's code - it is helfpul to know how
others are seeing it.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, Kethek Ogleng <budheng0402@ ...>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. __._,_.___