[amibroker] QPFeed

Hello everyone,

I'd like to let you know the status of qpfeed, and make you aware of some issues.

As many of you know, Quotes Plus has been delivering end of day data for many years, when the opportunity to get into the real time market came up, I took it.

We have contracted with Barchart.com - http://www.barchart.com/ - to resell their real time feed. They have been delivering real time information for many years from downtown Chicago near the futures exchanges there.

Just as we were preparing to release qpfeed, they made some changes to their servers to keep historical intraday data for 6 months instead of the current 3 months. These updates caused some problems with the servers, and as a result, they missed capturing some intraday stock data.

Basically, the intraday data for Feb. 22 through Feb 29, is missing the bars for the last hour. This will, of course, impact any tests that are run on the intra day data. The problem has been corrected, but the data for that period is lost. Commodity data was not affected, just stock and index data.

So, we're off to a slow start here, I wanted to make this public as soon as I knew the details, as it impacts all users of the stock data.

The good news is that there is a correction for the slow backfill while doing explorations.

For anyone who has subscribed, you can get a refund, if you're on a trial, then you should be aware of the issue,and make your own decision.

I'm aware of the people who need market statistics, we currently don't get these on a real time basis, I'm trying to get these incorporated in the future.

I was originally going to pull qpfeed it off the market for now, but I will make this issue clear so that people can make their own choice.

Best regards

Gary Lyben
Quotes Plus