[amibroker] Re: Coding a pattern of variable length

Hello Mr Valley,

Apologies for the delay but been busy with work commitments!

I have access to UK and Australian Share Price Data, so if you do
also, we can choose a specific symbol which should help us in the
discussion.

Btw:  Thanks for your help over the last few days. Its much
appreciated...

Chorlton

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mr. Valley" <valleymj@xxx> wrote:

> Is this progress?
> What Symbol are you looking at to show the pattern?
>
> IndA= Ref(H,-1) - Ref(L,-1);
>
> IndB = MA(IndA,2);
>
> entry = IndA > IndB ;
>
> Middle = Cross(IndA, IndB) ;
>
> Cond1 = Entry == 1 AND Middle == 1;
>
> patterncolor = IIf(Cond1,7,Null);
>
> Plot(Close,"Close ",patterncolor ,1 | styleOwnScale);
>
> //Plot(IndA,Date() + " " + "Daily Range",5,1);
>
> //Plot(IndB ,"Smooth Daily Range",6,1);
>
> Entry = Cond1;
>
> Bar2 = Middle;
>
> SellNow = Cond1;
>
> Plot(10, /* defines the height of the ribbon in percent of pane
width
> */"",IIf( Entry, colorGreen, IIf( Bar2, colorIndigo, IIf( SellNow,
colorRed,
> Null ))), /* choose color*/styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, -
0.5, 100);

> //Plot(Pattern,"Pattern",7,styleArea | styleOwnScale);

On