[amibroker] Re: AmiQuote DataBase Tickerlist YahooHisorical questions

Paul,

You can put them in one database.

Please look at the following posts at the UKB - it is all explained
there:

"US-Stocks Database" will do it all for you

OR

"Setup A Custom Database" and "Setup A Custom Database - Nasdaq" will
show you how to do it yourself.

Look under Database Management and Data >> Yahoo or search for the
above.

Take care - Yahoo data does have some confirmed marks against it.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "paulradge" <paulradge@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,,
>        looking for a few pointers please,,,
>
> i trade asx stocks and use paid for data which i'm very happy
with,,, now
> i'm looking at trying some of my explorations on the USA stocks ,
>
>  I have used AmiQuote with great success on Yahoo Historical before
with 4X
> data within a new DataBase "MyForex" so comfortable setting up a
database
> and importing yahoo historical data.
>
> I have found the Ticker .TLS lists within the Amibroker starter
help files
> for the Nasdaq,Amex,NYSE and have downloaded them to 3 folders on
my
> desktop.
>
> i switched database to the given one "Data" which holds some
examples of the
> NYSE,NASDAQ and started to import Nasdaq.TLS via AmiQuote and yahoo
> historical
>
> i stopped the process early to to see how the imported data was
being
> assigned and found all stocks going into the "ALL" folder,,which is
ok and
> expected
>
> but i then noticed that the Nasdaq.TLS imports are being listed in
the NYSE
> folder and not the Nasdaq folder so have stop the experiment for
the
> moment,,,,
>
> can i ask
>        should i create a DataBase for each .TLS list ie NYSE
database,NASDAQ
> database,AMEX  database and then explore then one at a time ???
>
>  i'm happy to do this if that's the easiest way and i know how to
edit name
> within categories too to match the database,,,,,,,,
>
> i have also seen Organize Assignments,,,,,so i could let the Nasdaq
files
> populate the NYSE folder and then move them all across to the
Nasdaq folder
> ,,and import NYSE last,,,,but when i run the .TLS lists again will
they find
> the right Market folder or all populate the first folder NYSE ???
>
> also may i ask if it's possible to assign the sector or industry
group
> automatically ,,,,at this stage everything is within
Advertising,,,,i have