Re: [amibroker] Figure of merit on a per trade basis

Greetings --

There is a metric built into AmiBroker that might be what you want.  "AllAvgProfitLossPercent" is the average percentage gain or loss of all trades made in the run.  It is the same as Expectancy.  The TRW (Terminal Relative Wealth) of the account can be computed as (1+p)^n, where p is Expectancy and n is Number of trades.  Unfortunately, using TRW by itself as the objective function often leads to systems that have drawdowns that are undesirably high.

Instead, you might try using RRR, K-Ratio, CAR/MDD, RAR/MDD, or UPI as your objective function.  All of those reward equity growth and penalize drawdown, and generally result in more robust systems.

Thanks,
Howard
www.quantitativetradingsystems.com