[amibroker] Re: Simple Risk/Reward ratio on chart

Hello kujax3si,

There is no need for a special tool.

The whole point of AB is to allow us to customise whatever we want
(that is the payoff for the extra difficulty in learning AB cf to other
programs).

This is quite easy to do.

It would be to big a job for me to give you a detailed example right
now.

One way I have done this in the past is to plot my profit stop as an
upper band and my stop loss as a lower band.

I have used something like:

UpperBand = MA(C,15) + MA((StandardDev,Periods),15);
LowerBand = MA(C,15) - MA((StandardDev,Periods),15);

Reward = UpperBand - entry price;
Risk = Entry Point - Lower Band;

This is a very crude example.

It all depends on how you define reward and risk.

IMO you are better off working in % change (as per my comments on
expectancy in other posts) and I consider reward/risk as a compound
calculation involving Wins/Losses and ave%won/ave%Lost but other
traders us risk/reward in other ways and have a different definition to
me.

brian_z