From: "hairy_mug" <WSCHWARZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:15 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: OT; Acer or Toshiba Notebook?

Check on what video chipset the laptop has...
That will determine how well the 22" monitior will work.
2 Gigs is plenty... go for faster CPU; AMD will be less expensive
and works better (IMHO)...
Good luck getting XP... Vista  was my only choice and I fought with
it for 6 months before "downgrading" to XP... not easy since my
Toshiba is geared toward Vista; had to find drivers.

Walt

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxx> wrote:

>   I am convinced that to be able to access at least 3GB of RAM
will be MORE THAN ENOUGH to run as fast as I want to run.

>   I am planning to purchase a faster Notebook computer with a 17
inch display.
>   I checked out the  $729.99 Acer Aspire Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz,
2GBRAM, 160GBHD >http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AS7720-6155-
R&cat=NBB
>   and found that it can have up to 4GB of RAM.
>
>   I also looked at the   $1,189.99 Toshiba Core 2 Duo 1.80GHz 2GB
240GB HD DVD±RW>http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PSPB9U-
022003B-R&cat=NBB and it is advertised to be upgradable to 4 GB of
RAM

>   Do both of these support a second 22 inch monitor equally
well.   I don't want to buy the lower cost Acer, and end up
dissappointed in the how TWO monitors appear.

>   I appreciate your thoughts on the Monitor support, and any other
differences that other than the size of the HD that I may be
dissappointed in.