Re: [amibroker] Re: PA% Upper limits - was {Absolute value ATR?---> and some hope for building a sy}

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: PA% Upper limits - was {Absolute value ATR?---> and some hope for building a sy}
  • From: "Louis Préfontaine" <rockprog80@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:48:57 -0500

Hi Brian,

Just a completely naive question here.  If one could make 300-400% a year, why would he still be here on the internet helping others and trying to make his program better.   300-400% a year would allow me to buy the Montreal Canadiens in ten years!  I would be as rich as Bill Gates in 20-25 years.  I could even pay tons of programmers all for myself at that point.

Do you understand what I mean?  I do not say that I don't believe it is possible, but I am very skeptical about this because personnaly at 300-400% I would pay someone to do the trades and I would sit tight on the beach somewhere far from the shitty white cold stuff all around here in Montréal!  Hehe! ;-)

I will try to keep my eyes open and watch for the gold.  But my objectives are far less than that.  If I could make 35% a year (conpounded) I would be more than happy.  (My gf brother-in-law is making that and he has a nice home in front of a beautiful lake and has three kids, two cars, and he seems more than happy with that!)

Louis

p.s. Of course I would not reject the idea of getting richer than that.  If sky is to be the limit, then bring me there!