RE: [amibroker] OT: Vista and XP RAM recognition problem

If you have Windows XP 64 bit or Vista 64 bit edition and 4GB RAM and your motherboard’s BIOS supports “Address Hole Remapping” then you can access all 4GB of RAM.

Under any 32 bit version of Windows, you will only ever see 3 – 3.5GB of RAM due to limitations in the way your video card requires direct memory mapping within the 4GB space.

I believe Microsoft will provide you with a 64 bit edition of Windows Vista for the cost of the DVD if you purchased a retail or upgrade version of Windows.  If it came with your PC, ask your PC manufacturer.

I run Vista 64 bit here but beware of other limitations of such a platform (driver incompatibility etc.)

Best regards,
Richard Dale.

Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net