[amibroker] Beginner Questions

Hi All,

New to AmiBroker and had a couple of questions.

To get my feet wet I'm trying some  code from Howard's book and am not sure I
understand the results.

Below is an example of two trades using the code in Fig. 22.22 on Pg. 315 (I did optimize
it as an experiment).  My question is, are these realistic profits?  It seems to me that it
doesn't take into account bid/ask and that the likely actual sale price is lower, perhaps low
enough to be a loss.  If it doesn't take bid/ask into account, how do you do that in
AmiBroker?

Ticker    Trade  Date          Price      Ex. date    Ex. Price   % chg    Profit   % Profit
AAUK      Long   3/23/1998      3.43      3/25/1998     3.6       4.96%     430.20   4.90%
PTRO      Long   11/17/1998     0.28      11/30/1998    0.38     35.71%    3566.43  35.66%

Another question: I downloaded all the Nasdaq stocks going back ten years, but it seems
I'm going to have a severe survivor bias because the only stocks it downloaded were the
ones that survived the whole tens years (true? - it seemed that half the stocks got 404
errors in AmiQuote).  I got the Nasdaq ticker list from the AmiBroker website.

Another strange thing I just noticed is that 99% of the trades are with extremely low priced
stocks (e.g. .02, .04...).  Hmm...

Thanks!

Craig