[amibroker] Advance Decline composites

How long should the composites recalculation tool take?

I have "Number of advancing/declining issues" and "Volume for base
index" checked.
I've set the data range from 1/1/2000 to today and am running it on
the ASX market. There's a bit over 2600 stocks in this database.
I have a P4 3.2ghz 2gb ram.

I've tried this a few times before and simply stopped it after about
ten minutes figuring it had hung. I just ran it then for 30 minutes
and it still didn't complete so I've stopped it.

I've read in posts that it can take a while but how long is a while?
Considering I can run my own advance/decline script over this database
in all of ten seconds, I'm a bit baffled it could take so long.
Anyone else encountered this problem?

Cheers,
Julian.