[amibroker] Re: New EOD data feed other than Quotes Plus

> I am in complete agreement with you.  The method I recommend for
handling
> the psychology aspect is to address it at the beginning of the
trading
> system development process.

As you have noted before, ruled based trading, with a personalized
metric, is the simplest and most sure fire way to control the
emotions when trading. (Of course nothing can go further than AT in
implementing that strategy).

In order to be able to personalize an objective function, IMO, we
first need to have a very good working knowledge of evaluation, which
is why I occasionally get on my soapbox about it to try to influence
young traders.

In fact evaluation is at the very core of trading, as we are
interested in it, and I wish more traders would take an interest in
the finer points of the subject (as I have demonstrated over and over
again, you don't have to have a masters degree in maths to be able to
do that).

I also go beyond that to advanced subjective methods but most of them
are not for the majority - a measured, objective approach to system
design remains the first port of call for all freelance traders.

Trading is like handling a wild animal - you have to stduy the animal
and know its every habit.

Good luck with the workshop.

Hope you all have a great time in Vegas - disapointed that I can't be
there.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Brian_z --
>
> You wrote:
> " I claim that the subjective plays a big part in successful trading
> (a.k.a trading psychology)."
>
> I am in complete agreement with you.  The method I recommend for
handling
> the psychology aspect is to address it at the beginning of the
trading
> system development process.  By choosing your objective function at
the
> start, designing a custom function just for your own use if
necessary, then
> using that function as the metric by which all your trading systems
are
> measured, the resulting systems are certain to fit your own
psychology and
> personality.  AmiBroker has the capability for doing this, and my
book
> explains how in great detail.  (I'll also be talking about this at
some
> length in my workshop in Las Vegas next week.)
>
> Thanks,
> Howard
> www.quantitativetradingsystems.com
>

> On Feb 16, 2008 3:52 PM, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:
>
> >   Quite.
> >
> > It is the subjective mind that puts things in perspective
(measures
> > the value and meaning of them) e.g. we know what beauty is but we
> > can't rationalize it.
> >
> > I claim that the subjective plays a big part in successful trading
> > (a.k.a trading psychology).
> >
> > That's a book all on its own, although Aronson did a passing job
on
> > the basics in EBTA (for a tech guy!)
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Howard B"
> > <howardbandy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Greetings all --
> > >
> > > Let me add my voice to those suggesting that you reconsider
leaving
> > Quotes
> > > Plus.
> > >
> > > I am a subscriber to QP for both EOD and RealTime.
> > >
> > > I have had difficulties with QP's billing department. Gary got
them
> > > straightened out for me.
> > >
> > > I am satisfied with the quality of the data.
> > >
> > > Consistency is worth a lot. Most of my research and most of my
> > trading is
> > > done based on systems that I have developed using QP data. If I
> > were to
> > > change to another vendor, I would begin to notice differences.
> > That would
> > > concern me, and I would spend way too much time deciding
whether I
> > needed to
> > > be worried or not. In the end, my choices would be to redo a
great
> > deal of
> > > research, or go back to QP to resolve the differences.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Howard

> > starts

40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%
> > 40yahoogroups.com>, "Paul Ho"

> > is
> > place

40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> > [mailto:
40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>]
40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>

> > Plus

> > time:

> > AmiQuote >

> > get