[amibroker] Re: AP's RT data feed - for MarkK

Thanks Bill,

I haven't read that one for a while - I'll go back for a refresh but
as you say it isn't the point anyway.

I agree with your summation - nicely put.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx>
wrote:

> Brian:
>
> Your problem is not a problem.  As noted in the article they do
describe how they developed their rating - comparison of close with
the exchange time and sales price.  In the real world, the exchange
data is by definition absolute.  If there are not other studies (I
doubt that there are), in practical terms one has to live with what
is provided.  I have compared (not rigorously) Yahoo (CSI), Barchart,
and StochCharts, and found obvious differences particularly for
thinly traded volatile issues during volatile periods which
presumably reflects different suppliers.  The key question is does it
make a difference?  Probably not too much in most cases.  My own
feeling is that absent an updated study and a reasonable way to
objectively establish which supplier is closer to "absolute" one is
best served by sticking with a large supplier and spending time on
improving analysis and trading rather than trying to figure out which
supplier is best.  Trader/trading/money management/analysis/etc.
related errors are, I am sure, much greater than those created by
differences between supplied data and exchange time/sales data.  As
long as equity increases at an "OK" rate, life is too short to sweat
the lesser stuff.

> Bill

40yahoogroups.com>
Quotes