[amibroker] Re: Trouble trying to compare industry and market ...

Hello Louis,

Understandably language makes it harder - just like when I was in
France.

The main problem I think is that you are mixing two ideas and the
second one is a little more complex. Also you are switching between
them so it makes it harder for people to follow.

1) You want to plot, for example, S&P500 (Market), ^XAU (Gold Index)
and ABX (stock e.g. Barrick Gold) on one chart for comparison.

2) When you plot the  stock you want the corresponding Index and
Stock to Market to automatically plot.

Is that correct?

If so - can you do step 1?

I think Bill gave you a workable answer for step 1?

Yes,step2 can be done - probably a few ways but maybe the forum won't
come up with the super deluxe version - I don't know.

Also - you must have seen these.

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=96

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=134

I don't know if I will try step 2 or not.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "louisprefontaine" <rockprog80@xxx>
wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Right now when I choose a stock, I can decide the market, the
> industry, and
> > the sector.  As an example, AA is in the NYSE and I chose the
composite
> > index indu.x for that market.  And YHOO is in the Nasdaq and I
chose
> > comp.xfor the Nasdaq.  I have absolutely no problem getting those
> > index and do
> > whatever I need I have to do with them.  My problem is that I
can't
> get the
> > industry or sector index.  Per example, AEM is in NYSE but I want
> compare
> > DJI with GLD along with the stock.   Right now I can't do it.  I
can
> get the
> > base market index, but not the industry index.
> >
> > I already wrote this code
> >
> > Ticker = GetBaseIndex(); // plot industry, need to create
composite
> > sectors
> >
> > TickerName = IndustryID(1);
> >
> > TickerClose = Foreign( Ticker, "close" );
> >
> > for( i = 0; ( symbol = StrExtract( Ticker, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
> > {
> > fc = Foreign( ticker, "C" );
> > }
> >
> > PlotGrid( 0, colorYellow );
> >
> > _N( Title = "{{NAME}} - Relative Performance [%]: {{VALUES}}" );
> >
> > ticker= ( 100 * ( fc - Ref( fc, -10 ))/Ref (fc,-10)) ;
> > Current= ( 100 * ( C - Ref (Close, -10) ) / Ref (Close, -10)) ;
> >
> > and what I need is a way to get a variable (let's say fc1... or
ticker1)
> > that would represent the sector/industry index already linked to
the
> stock.
> > So all I need is a way to get to that industry/sector index to be
> able to
> > assign it to a variable and then use that variable and write, as
an
> example:
> >
> > ticker1= ( 100 * ( fc1 - Ref( fc1, -10 ))/Ref (fc1,-10)) ;
> >
> > I don't understand how to get both the market index and the
> sector/industry
> >
> > Thank you very much for helping me with this issue.  I am still
learning
> > (got a long way to go) but reading you guys sure helps me.
> >
> > Louis
> >

> > 2008/2/13, gmorlosky <gmorlosky@>:
> > >
> > >   Maybe this will help:
> > >
> > > // AccuTrack Compares performance of two securities
> > > // The basic idea is to switch between the two securities
> > > // AccuTrack was developed by FastTrack (http://fasttrack.net)
> > >
> > > // Following is the Indicator Builder Formula
> > >
> > > fnd = Name();
> > > ind = "FDRXX"; // FDRXX is money market fund, so the comparison
> > > is done with cash.
> > > fund = Foreign(fnd, "Close");
> > > index = Foreign(ind, "Close");
> > >
> > > fast = 6;
> > > slow = 24;
> > > RawAT = EMA((EMA(ROC(fund,1), slow) - EMA(ROC
(index,1),slow)),fast);
> > > tradeAccuTrack = RawAT * 265;
> > > Plot(tradeAccuTrack, "tradeAccuTrack", colorBlue, styleLine);
> > >
> > > Title = Date()
> > > + " Trade AccuTrack of "
> > > + fnd
> > > +" / "
> > > + ind
> > > + " = " + WriteVal(tradeAccuTrack, 1.2) + " ";
> > >
> > > GraphXSpace = 2;
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis
> > > Préfontaine"