[amibroker] Re: Locating Industry Ticker Symbol with AmiBroker 5.0 and Telechart Data

I believe this link contains a link to the attachment:
http://www.mail-archive.com/amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg17451.html

In fact here is the link I think you are looking for:
http://www.mail-
archive.com/amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg17451/MG_var.afl

I managed to download it without any problem from here.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxx> wrote:

> John,
>
> The attachment referred to in your link is no longer available.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John CW <johncw_97@> wrote:
> >

> > --- "david.weilmuenster" <dweilmuenster95125@> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The AmiBroker interface to TeleChart does a good job of
importing
> > > TeleChart's Industry info, including mapping stocks to
> Industries, but
> > > I'm running into one problem.
> > >
> > > With IndustryID(), it's easy to get the consecutive Industry
> number
> > > or Industry Name (not Symbol) for a Stock.
> > >
> > > But how does one retrieve the Industry Ticker Symbol?
> > >

> > Here is one way to get the industry and sub-industry ... it's not
> > what I use but it should work assuming you have not changed the
> > broker.{sectors,industries} and of course you should retrieve the
> > latest sector/industries assignment once in a while to sync
> > the AB DB to telechart:
> > http://www.purebytes.com/archives/amibroker/2007/msg08112.html
> >
> > > It doesn't seem to be any variant of IndustryID().
> > >
> > > The code below returns the correct answer in industry_sym, but
it
> > > seems like far too much churning for a simple lookup.
> > >
> > > Is there a built-in function that I'm missing?
> > >

> > No, not that I know of.
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > David
> > >
> > > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > >
> > > industry_symlist =
> > > CategoryGetSymbols(categoryGroup,
> > >                    CategoryFind("Industry Group Average",
> > >                                 categoryGroup
> > >                                )
> > >                   );
> > >
> > > stock_industryid = IndustryID(0);
> > > stop_loop = False;
> > >
> > > for( i = 0;
> > >     (NOT stop_loop) AND
> > >     ( sym = StrExtract( industry_symlist, i ) ) != ""; i++
> > >    )
> > >    {
> > >        SetForeign(sym);
> > >   	  if(stock_industryid	==	IndustryID(0))