[amibroker] Re: best feed for ASX?

Barnabas,

You picked a very good time.
I was in the middle of checking Aus providers to add to the UKB list
when you posted and it was a good opportunity to get some help and
feedback from the forum (thanks to everyone who chipped in).
I wouldn't normally go this hard but I needed some historical RT data
for myself, the subject is relevant to a lot of people and I can
quickly write it up for posterity once I finish my own search.

I've been through the list of 60 official ASX vendors and so far I
agree with you that for a full RT service with backfill Esignal is a
reasonable choice (lots are using it - the plugin in is ready to go -
we know the problems well and the Aussie competitors don't have a big
price advantage anyway). You also get the other Asian markets.
Plus you can easily add other regions and/or instruments later.

Re ESignal:

As Paul says - you will only need the cheaper subscription.
I think you have misunderstood their pricing structure - USD$125 mth
is their data fee, approx USD$35 a month is the exchange access fee
that they pay the ASX (per user) and the software is thrown in for
free (it is their bottom of the range software).

I'm just finishing off the search - still one or two emails to come
back. There's not much out there for RT, especially if you only want
the top100.

I haven't given up yet and I will report back.

You don't say if you need RT data for backtesting or just live
trading or both?

So far I have come up with:

1) Weblink - an ASX RT tick database approx $400 year - back to 2001 -
 CSV format - I will probably buy 1-2 years and try it over the next
two weeks - they sent out a sample by email - they are slow on
support though. They do have options with a dynamic live package $151
month

2) Cooltrader - ASX EOD - deep history - approx $65 adjusted for corp
events and dividends - Metastock or text format - on CD - former AB
user - knows what is going on - low maintenance and low hype site. No
options. But you don't need that (others might).

>From the ASX vendor list the only other local RT data vendors are:

(AUD$ and DDE only at this stage therefore no history)

1)Bourse Data - propriety format only.
2)Phoenix AI - proprietry format only.
3)NetQuote - $149 month - I'm waiting on their email.
4)Paritech - Pulse $158 month.
5)Sharelink - the last chance cafe - I'm waiting on an email - they
do have RT but it is hard to figure exactly what they sell from their
site - it looks like they might allow top 100 - they have a time rate
and a frame rate so costs depend on use (you can run a portfolio with
several stocks as one screen) - best you talk to them and negotiate.
6)3MarketStream for roaming.

You can pick up links to the above from the ASX vendors PDF at the
UKB.

All of the rest of the vendors are pretty hopeless or
Global/Institutional

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barnabás Debreczeni" <keo@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello Brian,
> thanks for your elaborate answer. I am looking into the
possibilities of
> Pulse right now, also signed up for a 14-day trial.
> I already went through the list of the official Amibroker supported
sources,
> I think the best I've found is eSignal, which is USD 195 / mo plus
the ASX
> data feed, around 40 bucks. I've already asked them whether is it
possible
> to only signup for the datafeed, because I do not need their
complete
> charting platform (for 195 per mo. it's an overkill for me)
>
> I have a good source for adjusted EOD data (private) but I couldn't
find any
> reliable RT intraday data provider.
>
> I would only need TOP100, intraday, 1 minute tick and up is ok,
options
> would be good.
>

> Barnabas
>
> On 1/27/08, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:
> >
> >   Hello Barnabas,
> >
> > Re ASX feeds:
> >
> > Supported data providers for AmiBroker are listed at
> > http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_quotes.html
> >
> > Unfortunately MarketCast, who was the recommended Aus RT
provider, is
> > no longer in business.
> >
> > I have started to look around for some alternatives - I haven't
> > finished yet but progress so far is posted at the Users'
Knowledge Base
> > (UKB) - look for 'Data Resources - Australia' under 'Data' or
under
> > recent postings in the right hand sidebar:
> >
> > http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/
> >
> > I haven't notified Tomasz about MarketCast as I was waiting to
finish
> > my research (I'm working my way through the list of ASX data
vendors) -
> > - to be fair he hasn't had a chance to think about it or consider
the
> > alternatives.
> >
> > There is not a lot on offer for Aus - for a retail supplier
> > Paritech's 'Pulse' might do the job (with a DDE connection).
> > You might need help from support with DDE.
> >
> > When and if I find out more I will update the UKB post and also
talk to
> > Tomasz about it.
> >
> > Some other options are the major international providers -
ESignal and
> > Reuters (QuoteCenter) who have Aus packages - I'm not sure what
is in
> > them and sometimes they are bundled with Asia or Asia-Pacific.
> >
> > Maybe some other Aussies can help.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Barnabás
> > Debreczeni" <keo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi there everyone,
> > > I am new here. I'd like to ask, what are your experiences with
ASX